- Explore Opportunities
- Create a Project
- European Solidarity Corps
- Other Projects
- Application Process
- Manage Your Grant
- Training and Events
- Impact Stories
Learning Together, Promoting Creativity and Sustainability with the European Innovative Teaching Award 2022
What is the European Innovative Teaching Award?
The European Innovative Teaching Award (EITA) aims to:
- identify and promote outstanding teaching and learning practices;
- foster mutual learning between teachers and school staff;
- highlight the value of Erasmus+ to teacher collaboration across Europe.
There are four European Innovative Teaching Award categories:
Early childhood education and care;
What is the EITA 2022 Theme?
The European Innovative Teaching Award 2022 will focus on 'Learning together, promoting creativity and sustainability'. This theme is directly linked to the European Commission's New European Bauhaus initiative, which connects the European Green Deal to our daily lives and living spaces. It calls on all Europeans to imagine and build together a sustainable and inclusive future that is beautiful for our eyes, minds and souls.
Key Elements of EITA 2022:
- Sustainability - fostering mutual learning between teachers and school staff;
- Learning together.
Linking to the New European Bauhaus priority of 'beautiful', there will be a focus on 'Creativity' as it relates to the impact of spaces and architecture on learning. 'Sustainability' is an integral part of the New European Bauhaus initiative, as is participation and inclusion. 'Learning together' is a key aspect of EITA in 2022.
Who can receive the European Innovative Teaching Award?
- Erasmus+ Learning Mobility projects (KA1) in School Education
Erasmus+ Learning Mobility projects (KA1) in Vocational Education and Training
Erasmus+ Strategic Partnerships (KA2) projects in School Education
Erasmus+ Strategic Partnerships (KA2) projects in Vocational Education and Training
Individual projects coordinated by Irish organisations (excluding Consortia projects).
How do teachers and schools apply?
We are happy to announce an open call to all schools that would like to express an interest in being considered for the award. The deadline for receipt of applications is 22 May 2022. The application form is now open.
How are teachers and schools selected for the award?
The European Innovative Teaching Awardees are selected in Ireland by Léargas. Evaluators will pay particular attention to the thematic priorities for 2022 and three 'New Bauhaus Initiative Priorities' when selecting awardees. The detailed criteria are:
In what ways are the teaching and learning approaches elaborated and implemented in the project innovative?
- Multidisciplinary approaches
- Key competence development (knowledge, skills and attitudes)
- Linking formal, non-formal and informal learning
- Inclusion, participation, cooperation
- Innovative use of tools
- Learners’ active role in the learning process
In what ways do learning environments involved in the project support innovative teaching and learning approaches?
- The whole school approach
- Cross-sectoral cooperation
- Digital/blended learning
- Schools as enablers of innovation
In what ways do teachers/educators involved in the project influence the innovative teaching and learning processes?
- Teachers’ agency as innovators
- Teachers’ competences
- Teachers’ cooperation and peer learning
What is the impact of the innovative teaching and learning processes elaborated and implemented in the project?
- Quality of innovation processes
- Spill-over effect (to other students, teachers, schools, local communities)
Get in touch
For more information on the European Innovative Teaching Awards contact Dara in our Programme Support and Development team.